A bit of…nothing in particular.
It’s October, it’s cloudy and chilly and I absolutely love it. Maybe because I was born in October, maybe because I can wear my new boots…maybe for some other silly reason…but I just love it. And since I’m now reading a pretty crappy book – which will get its own very short post in a couple of days – I figured I’d share a bunch of links I’ve gathered up over the past couple of weeks. 😀
– a question I’ve been asking myself for quite some time: Are films bad, or is TV just better?
– old, but still fun: i write like. I got various results – most upsetting of which was Dan Brown. If I suck that much, I’d at least like to make some cash off it.
– Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury. I…I have no words. No good ones, anyways; it’s wrong on so many levels.
– more wtf news: there’s plans to turn Sandman into a TV series – which I can only hope will remain just that: plans.
– A whole lot of critical acclaim is piling up over The Social Network – so much that I don’t even have to look for links. Seriously – just click on any movie site, everyone’s raving about it (except Armond White, but that’s a given). Or check the 97% score on rottentomatoes – Fincher’s highest yet. I thought it was kinda silly when I first heard about it (although Aaron Sorkin + David Fincher should equal genius2) – and all this hype can lead only to disappointment. But I’m still pissed that I have to wait another month until it’s in cinemas here.
– speaking of Aaron Sorkin – he was on the Colbert Report the other night.
– the Coens are going western and it looks pretty good.
If you’ve made it this far – can anyone recommend a good book on early Hollywood (the 20s and 30s maybe?). I’m not necessarily looking for biographies…more like behind the scenes stuff or movie history. I’ve dug up a couple of titles from the internet, but actual recommendations would be pretty great 😀